Courting Axiom With Folly Since 2005.

Courting Axiom With Folly Since 2005.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Hunting For An Answer.

Why is hunting so goddamned funny?

I have no answers, only questions. It can be deduced that perhaps its wanton cruelty strikes a humorous chord, but that's too simple. Is it the camouflage? The "just because we can" sense of mammalian entitlement? The guns? Safety orange? No, no, no and maybe...well, no.

It must be all of them; a delicious mélange of Wrong that goes down smooth with a giggly finish.

Sure, robots are funny. And chimps. And a robotic chimp, well, that's damn near genius. But nothing does it for me like hunting. Not the act of hunting, per se, as I've never done so. No, the act of observing hunting, often second-hand, third-hand or via ESPN2 on Sunday mornings is what gets my goose.

And bow-hunting? Even funnier. I wonder why…

No comments: