Courting Axiom With Folly Since 2005.

Courting Axiom With Folly Since 2005.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Fear And Loathing In Midwestvania

The holidays are upon us. And by us, I mean me. I love the holidays. My jingle bells, they jingle jangle with mighty holiday chutzpah. They gong and gling with glee.

But then there is the rage.

I am not an angry young man. I may well be an angry "young-ish" man, but I am not an angry young man in the mold of Elvis Costello circa '77. Perhaps circa "Spike"...

But I digress. The fact remains that the holidays seem to bring about concerted bursts of angry behavior from yours truly. Profanities, guttural "urgs" and "yeargs", much noisemaking and chattering. Peppered liberally amongst my holly-jolliness and gift giving and getting, I find myself pissy.

That said, today I am a veritable globe of shiny, potpourri-scented happiness.

Pluck my berries, won't you?

No comments: